Enhancing the accessibility of your e-books and documents for a better reading experience.
Digital Publishing Industry Challenges
- Do you have challenges in converting your digital content automatically and seamlessly into digital talking books?
- Do you encounter problems in properly structuring PDFs to create structured formats for your e-books?
- Are you looking for a web-based online document reading solution that your end-users can customize and listen to from any connected device?
- Would a complete workflow solution help you with all the above?
ReadSpeaker® for Accessible Publishing
Striving to make e-books and online documents accessible to as many of your readers as possible, ReadSpeaker serves and supports companies and organizations in the ePublishing and eLearning segments by providing a range of tools and solutions for electronic book conversion, enriching publications with speech, and online speech enabling.
ReadSpeaker is the worldwide leader in speech-enabling online content. In 1999, ReadSpeaker pioneered the first-ever speech-enabling application for websites and the first server-based DAISY Production system “DAISY Generator” in 2003.
Since then, we have accumulated knowledge and experience in handling and converting many types of document formats.
We provide a portfolio of tools and services that cover talking digital books, structuring of PDFs, online document reading with support for many document formats, and customizable workflow solutions.
ReadSpeaker has a wide variety of more than 5000 publishing, education, corporate, media, government and not-for-profit customers worldwide subscribing to its services. ReadSpeaker is a member of the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF).
Our Accessible Publishing Solutions
The solution for automatically creating your talking books.
Automatically and seamlessly create audio books for your blind, visually impaired, and dyslexic readers using high-quality, natural-sounding text to speech in 32 languages and in the following formats:
- DAISY (audio full text, audio only, audio + NCC)
- EPUB 3 (using Media Overlays specification or by adding embedded audio files)
We support a variety of input formats including:
- DAISY Text
- HTML saved from MS Word
- Custom XML
Online Document Reader
The solution to make your documents accessible to more readers by enabling them to listen on any connected device.
Our web-based online document reader supports a variety of different document formats, such as EPUB, DOC, DOCX, PDF, and EPUB 3. A unique feature is that it can both preserve the original layout and show the pages in HTML format allowing the end-user to customize how the content is being presented.
The Document Reader can read text content in 24 languages using built-in text to speech. Fully web-based, it can be used from any device with a web browser.
The complete solution for your accessible publishing projects.
If you are interested in a complete solution ranging from structuring, conversion, and speech enrichment functionalities to the development of online viewers/players, our workflow solution is the way forward.
Examples of workflow solutions include:
- Structuring and automatic production of daily newspapers
- Produce accessible digital talking books from scanned books
- Adding structure and producing digital talking books