ReadSpeaker has recently added several new features to its popular document-reading solution ReadSpeaker docReader.
Support for ePub, PowerPoint, and Excel documents has been added. ReadSpeaker docReader can now provide document reading for the following formats:
- ePub (.epub)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.pps, .ppt, .pptx)
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- OpenOffice/OpenDocument Presentation (.odp)
- OpenOffice/OpenDocument Spreadsheet (.ods)
- OpenOffice/OpenDocument Text (.odt)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
New languages have been added, such as Faroese and Arabic. Text can now be read either left to right, right to left, or both directions if a document has text in both a left-to-right language and a right-to-left language and if the chosen voice is able to handle mixed languages.
We have added more support for untagged documents. We recommend tagging all online documents for accessibility purposes, but in cases where a document is untagged, ReadSpeaker docReader will try to guess the structure of the document.
Finally, we have added or improved several back-end features for faster and more efficient document processing and reading.