Whether creating content, managing library reference materials, or producing online textbooks, publishers using text-to-speech (TTS) technology can offer material that is easier to access and accommodates different learning preferences.
Because of these gains and the resulting improvements in word recognition, vocabulary, and comprehension, TTS is rapidly becoming a requirement for academic content.
There are a variety of options when considering a TTS solution provider. The biggest risk for publishers moving towards speech-enabling their content is being overwhelmed by the number of solutions available. Given the many options, it can be a challenge to choose the optimal one.
The ideal way to select the optimal TTS solution is to evaluate each package on five factors.
1. TTS Technology: Speaking Voice Quality, Pronunciation Customization, and Language Options
2. Offline and Online Solutions
3. Competitive and Flexible Business Models
4. Data Ownership and Technical Considerations
5. Technical Support &Professional Services
Learn more in this white paper.