In the past months we have been adding speech to the online courses of a number of players in the e-learning space. Here are 5 benefits for e-learning organizations that want to add online text to speech to their educational content:
- Increase the accessibility of online content for students with cognitive issues, learning disabilities, and vision problems, as well as students whose native language is not the language of the e-learning content.
- Offer dual-mode content delivery (simultaneous text highlighting while it is read), which increases student retention,comprehension, and memory.
- Foster academic achievement by letting students customize course delivery to their individual learning styles.
- Enabling learners to listen to specific educational material such as math courses and online math content.
- Provide multitasking opportunities for students and portability of content to other devices, such as smartphones and tablets.