Looking to join an established and growing company with global presence in the speech synthesis industry? ReadSpeaker services are hosted on our own equipment which currently is co-located at three data centers worldwide and we are expanding at new locations.
As the needs grow and our services change, the hosting department’s job is to meet those demands and making sure everything runs smooth at all times. All our services are monitored 24/365. If there are any serious problems we fix them asap. You will be working at our main HQ in Uppsala Sweden and assist in managing our systems. As time goes you will familiarize yourself with all our systems and eventually know most of them by heart. Maintaining the systems with all our products/services is a team effort that requires cooperation between departments and people around the world.
Location: Uppsala Sweden
Work hours: Office hours, full time
Applications are processed on a continuous basis, but no later than 31 July 2018.
Send the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “HOSTING2018-1” as subject.
Starting date: By agreement
We are looking for a person who:
- has the capability to focus on details without losing the overall picture
- enjoys a technical challenge
- have a cool head in sticky situations
- have a systematic approach to solving problems
- try to find solutions on their own but ask for advice when needed
- is responsible and careful
- is resourceful and able to learn new things
- is a team player who is self-motivated, organized and committed
- English and Swedish (written and verbal)
- Linux system administration – command line usage
- Experience with virtualization
- General programming/scripting skills (bash/perl)
- Good understanding of networking
- Good understanding of DNS
- Good understanding of firewalls (packet filtering)
- Has an understanding of load balancing and redundancy
- Has an understanding of PC/server hardware
- Related work experience / education
- General knowledge of windows servers / windows
- Handy / hands on experience with servers and/or PC:s
- Familiarity with redis, MySQL, Keepalived, httpd/apache
- Routing / BGP routing
About The Company
ReadSpeaker AB is a part of HOYA SPEECH.
HOYA SPEECH is a global voice specialist providing dozens of languages and lifelike voices. Using their own industry-leading SaaS and text-to-speech (TTS) technologies, ReadSpeaker and VoiceText, they create the most natural sounding synthesized voices on the market. The only provider to control the total delivery chain, Hoya Speech uses next-generation DNN technology, and feedback to structurally improve voice quality at all levels. Hoya Speech has offices in 15 countries, and over 10,000 customers in 65 countries, providing a complete text-to-speech offer, with both cloud and licensed solutions. They are the only fully integrated TTS provider with a wide variety of applications for varying channels and devices, in multiple industries, giving a voice to their customers’ businesses for online, embedded, server or desktop needs, apps, speech production, custom voices and more. With more than 20 years’ experience, the HOYA SPEECH team of experts is leading the way in text to speech. HOYA SPEECH is Pioneering Voice Technology.