Make your documents accessible to more people by letting your users listen to them on any device with no plugins required.
The Document-Reading Experience
Your user will see a Listen button next to your online document link. Clicking the Listen button opens ReadSpeaker docReader in a new window or tab with your document ready to be listened to.
A toolbar at the top of the page enables the user to browse and listen to the document. When your user clicks the Play button in the toolbar, the full page will be read section by section in the order defined in the document.
Hovering over a section of text enables users to click to listen to that section. They can also control the layout mode, reading speed, and both text appearance and highlighting.
Supported Document Formats
- ePub (.epub)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.pps, .ppt, .pptx)
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- OpenOffice/OpenDocument Presentation (.odp)
- OpenOffice/OpenDocument Spreadsheet (.ods)
- OpenOffice/OpenDocument Text (.odt)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
Optimizing Document Viewing and Listening
- Your online documents will be viewable in all browsers, even on mobile devices.
- ReadSpeaker docReader has HTML5 support for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) and newer Android devices.
- Thumbnail navigation enables the user to navigate easily and directly to each page of the document.
- Auto-tagging of untagged PDFs: ReadSpeaker docReader will guess the structure of the document if there is no structure markup (i.e. untagged PDFs) to optimize the display of the document.
- English (American)
- English (Australian)
- English (British)
- Norwegian (Bokmål)
- Norwegian (Nynorsk)
- Spanish (American)
Try It Out
Click the ReadSpeaker docReader Listen button next to any document link on this site or click the play button below to listen to the following document.