Features: A Complete Literacy Support Service
At ReadSpeaker, our rich experience working with educational institutions has allowed us to create the most complete literacy support service on the market today, designed specifically with their needs in mind. ReadSpeaker TextAid provides:
For the User
- 100% Web-Based – ReadSpeaker TextAid as well as your saved texts and uploaded documents can be accessed from any internet-connected device and browser.
- Text Highlighting – Have the text highlighted as it is being read. You can choose the colors used for the text and the sentence/word highlighting.
- Copy and Paste ANY text and have it read to you.
- Document Reading – Upload your own documents, including scanned documents and images. ReadSpeaker TextAid includes ReadSpeaker docReader, which lets you both view and listen to your documents in several formats (PowerPoint, PDF, Word, EPUB, etc.). Save any document to your personal library and access it from any browser or device.
- Download Audio Files* – Save audio files of the speech-enabled text to access at any time, even while off-line.
- One-click Web Reading – Read web content with just one click of the “TextAid Web Reader’ that sits in the Booklet Bar.
- Scan/OCR – Upload content from multiple sources, including scanned texts and images.
- Text Selection and Lookup – Select any part of the text and listen to only that section. You can also look up the selected word or text on Wikipedia or perform a web search on Google.
- Annotations – draw or write text directly on any uploaded document. Fill in blanks, take a test or add notes and save, print or email the document.
- Text Settings – Customize the text display and formatting for more comfortable reading. You can choose the text color, size, and typeface, including fonts such as OpenDyslexic.
- Screen Masking – Focus on smaller parts of the text at once.
- Reading Ruler – Focus on one line at a time.
- Talking Calculator – Reads back numbers as well as calculations.
- Text Library – Save text to your personal library and retrieve it at any time.
- Translation – Translate text into any of the available languages. You can then listen to the translation or revert back to the original language.
Text Read Back – Have the text read back to you as you type. You can choose to have each character, completed words and/or full sentences read.
- Word Prediction and Auto Completion – Learns from each individual user to predict and complete words. Available in the following languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish.
- Spell Check – Check your text for spelling errors and choose from the suggested corrections. Spell check is available for the following languages: Arabic, Dutch, English, Faroese, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
- Highlighter – highlight passages in various colors to later be collected and summarized as text that may be edited, printed or downloaded
- Reading Language and Speed – Choose up to five reading languages from: Arabic, Chinese (Cantonese), English (American), English (Australian), English (British), English (Indian), Dutch, Dutch (Belgian), Finnish, French, French (Canadian), German, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, Spanish (American) or Swedish; and adjust the reading speed to your comfort level.
- Secure Access – All communication between your device and ReadSpeaker TextAid is fully encrypted.
* Downloads one page at a time to an mp3 file.
For the Administrator
- Group and User Management tools – Coordinators can manage groups and users (1 learner = 1 user), share documents, activate/deactivate certain features, and appoint other coordinators.
- Learning Management Integration – Integration into any existing learning management systems (LMS), full support for integration into an LMS as an LTI Tool.
- Statistics – Access to full, detailed statistics for all users.
Reading and Translation
American, Australian, British and Indian English, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Cantonese Chinese, Canadian French, Belgian Dutch, Dutch, German, American Spanish, Spanish, French, Finnish, Icelandic, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish or Swedish
English, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish