Colorado Theological Seminary uses ReadSpeaker text to speech to make their courses more accessible and inclusive.
With students around the globe and with English as a second language, the Colorado Theological Seminary wanted to support student comprehension of their coursework, supporting our mission of being accessible and inclusive for all.
Dr. Gary Tryzbiak, president, Treasurer and Co-Founder of Colorado Theological Seminary
1. What were your primary motivations for adopting text to speech and voice enhanced learning tools? Did specific challenges play a role?
We know that the option of reading the text and hearing at the same time is a significant learning enhancement.
With students around the globe and with English as a second language, this will help our students understand the material presented.
2. Were there any external factors to choosing to integrate text to speech (legislation, advisors, etc)?
It just makes good sense. No real external factors are involved.
3. Had you ever worked with any other text to speech provider? If so were you satisfied with their service? Why or why not? If so, why did you choose to move to ReadSpeaker?
Supposedly Immersive Reader from MS works with Canvas. But it was not sufficient.
4. What factors influenced your selection of your provider?
Great review on ReadSpeaker.
5. Which platform or tools do you use?
Canvas, Community Version.
6. How will you integrate text to speech and our learning tools into your existing curriculum and teaching methods? Will you provide any specific training for teachers or students?
We have basically put an Announcement in Canvas with describes ReadSpeaker with links to some videos from YouTube.
7. How have your educators reacted to the idea?
Thought it was a great idea.
8. What impact did you think text to speech will have on teacher workload and practices?
9. Did you face any organizational challenges during the implementation and integration? How did you overcome them?
No issues. Simple procedure.
10. Did you encounter any technical challenges? How was technical support handled and how effective was it?
None. Again, simple procedure.
11.What are your future plans for using text to speech?
None at the moment.
12.Would you recommend to others to implement text to speech learning tools?
Without a doubt.
13. Would you recommend to others to work with ReadSpeaker?
Colorado Theological Seminary offers affordable, credible and accessible Christian online degree, certificate and personal enrichment programs in the areas of ministry, biblical studies, church history, divinity, and Christian and pastoral counseling.
Make your products more engaging with our voice solutions.